What is Concentrated Tea?
We brew loose tea into a concentrated form then make drinks by mixing 1 ounce of concentrated tea for every 7 ounces of water. For a sweet tea, simply add simple syrup (cane sugar and water boiled together). It’s that easy! Plus, the concentrated tea stays fresh in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Concentrated Tea is fun and versatile. We have two unique brew kits that make it easy to brew, store, and use Concentrated Tea at home. Each kit comes with everything you need to get started, including 2 bags of loose leaf tea!
The Deluxe Piper Brew Kit
The exact same method we teach the ‘Piperistas’ that brew for our shops and markets! This kit has an elegant glass tea dripper with a sturdy metal stand and the jars, lids, and measuring cups you’ll need to begin brewing like a true professional.
Amazing!! Produces the yummiest tea and makes me feel like I’m a professional. Really pretty on the counter too!
I bought two of these, one for home and one for work. This brewing kit is amazing. High quality materials. Easy to use. Brews a perfect jar of concentrate. I bought extra jars or storage so I have options when I want a glass of what has been strictly ice tea thus far. I love the ease of measuring out the amount I want, adding some sweetner, ice and water. Something I never knew I needed; but now can’t seem to live without. Thank you for something so user friendly and amazing!
The PIPER PRESS Brew Kit
Our brand new kit containing our brand new tea press! This kit is the easiest to use when you’re getting started on Concentrated Tea. This kit has a lovely Piper Press and all the extra jars, lids, and measuring cups you’ll need to get started.
Game changer in my love for tea- brew kit & tea concentrate!!! The brew kit has everything you need to make delicious tea and have it all week long. The products are great quality and easy instructions to follow.
I love my Piper Press brew kit ! All the different teas are amazing and I love being able to brew the concentrate and have hot or cold tea “on demand “. This has helped me to move away from drinking diet sodas these teas taste great unsweetened
Why Do We Prefer Concentrated Tea?
We make our tea in a concentrated form for a whole bunch of reasons!
- It’s fast to make! With fresh-brewed tea, a cup can take anywhere from 3-10 minutes. Since the Concentrated Tea has already been steeped, all we have to do is mix it with water (and maybe some sugar). Each cup takes less than a minute!
- It’s versatile! We can use Concentrated Tea to make a cup that’s hot or iced, sweet or unsweet, and even a combination of multiple flavors. Not only that, but the Concentrated Tea can be used in all kinds of recipes! In our shops, we mix concentrate with sparkling water, coffee, and frothed milk to make various specialty drinks.
- At home, you can use it to make tea-popsicles, mix it into baked goods, add it to marinades, blend it into ice cream and smoothies, or make your own tea cocktails! Concentrate can be used in just about anything if you get creative with it
3. It’s easier to travel with! Did you know that we started out at local farmer’s markets? It’s much easier to take gallons of water, sugar, and concentrate than to lug large containers full of pre-mixed sweet tea and unsweet tea. Plus it was much easier to store just the Concentrated Tea in the fridge than those giant containers of pre-mixed tea!
4. It’s consistent! As an example, when you’re brewing just one teaspoon of Lemon Berry Blush loose leaf, you may scoop up more pieces of strawberries in one serving, while the next serving you brew may get mostly lemongrass. This can lead to huge taste differences between cups of tea. Since the Concentrated Tea is brewed in such large batches, those differences are no longer a noticeable issue
Why Simple Syrup?
We use a double-strong simple syrup recipe to sweeten all of our drinks! All we do is mix 2 parts cane sugar with 1 part water and boil. True to its name, simple syrup is very simple. We sweeten our teas using this simple syrup for two reasons!
- It doesn’t change the taste of the tea! Honey, agave, stevia, and other sweeteners all have a little bit of flavor on their own. This can change the flavor of the tea when they’re mixed together. Cane sugar is just sweet, since it has almost no taste of its own, so our blends stay more true to their intended flavors
- It mixes in cold! Since our main focus when we first started out was iced tea at the farmer’s markets, we needed a way to sweeten the teas that would properly dissolve. Pure cane sugar, honey, and many other sweeteners easily mix into hot liquids, but take a LOT of stirring to dissolve into cold liquids. Simple syrup will, though! It only needs a quick stir to mix into a cup of tea, no matter if it’s hot or cold