Hurricanes the Whole Family Can Enjoy
Everyone’s favorite Mardi Gras drink... now with tea! Mix up a batch of these ‘Hurricane Piper’ mocktails for your whole family and have a little Mardi Gras celebration at home. These virgin hurricanes can be enjoyed by children of all ages! Our delicious recipe uses the decadently smooth Capri Cream - a milk oolong blend with apples, pineapples, persimmons, and lots of citrus. So brew up your Capri Cream into concentrated tea, go grab these ingredients from the store, and float away into tropical bliss.
Want to make some special Hurricane Piper drinks just for the adults? Add 1oz each of light rum and dark rum to get that New Orleans kick!
Hurricane Piper Ingredients
- 2 oz passion fruit juice*
- 2 ½ oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 ½ oz Capri Cream concentrate
- ½ oz lime juice
- ½ oz grenadine
*Passion fruit juice is best fresh-squeezed, but this can be hard to find! You can substitute for a passion fruit juice blend (I used one that had passion fruit, grape, and apple juice in it) or you can swap it with more pineapple juice!
Hurricane Piper Recipe
To get the full Mardi Gras feel, I recommend grabbing a cocktail shaker to mix your drinks in, but you can stir well with a spoon instead if you don’t have one! Feel free to adjust this mocktail to the tastes of your family. If you want to add a little fizz (or simply find straight juices to be overpowering), stir a few ounces of sparkling water into the mix. If it’s not sweet enough for you, you can also add a touch of simple syrup. Don’t be afraid to make this recipe your own!
- Pour all juices, Capri Cream concentrate, and grenadine into a shaker*, add some ice, and shake shake shake!
- Pour the drink over crushed ice. For aesthetic, we recommend using classic hurricane glasses for your drink. But your pint jar will work just as well! :)
- Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherries. A little cocktail umbrella is a great touch as well, if you’re feeling festive!
- Take a pic for social media… sip and enjoy the tropical bliss
*If you’re adding rum to turn this mocktail into a Hurricane cocktail, now’s the time! Add 1oz of light rum and 1oz of dark rum into the shaker