BREWING Concentrated Tea with the Piper Drip
- Place your Piper Dripper onto Piper Drip Stand and place a quart jar beneath it (or place Dripper directly on the jar).
- Pour 1 full muslin bag of loose leaf (35 grams) into the Dripper
- Pour freshly boiled water up to the neck of your Dripper (28oz)
- Set a timer for the blend’s steeping time and stir (Quick Reference Steeping Guide)
- When the timer sounds, slowly depress the lever on your Piper Dripper and watch the Concentrated Tea flow into the jar below. Hold down the lever until all the Concentrated Tea has drained into the quart jar!
- Let cool a bit, then seal the jar with a solid gold lid and it will be ready to store!
Concentrated Tea will stay fresh in your refrigerator for up to 3 weeks! It may change color or become cloudy once it has cooled, especially blends that contain black tea. This is just fine! The tannins in the tea are what cause this change. It is also perfectly normal if the Concentrated Tea begins to settle or separate – simply shake or stir well before using it.
1oz Concentrated Tea + 7oz of Water = 8oz of Piper & Leaf TeaSHOP LOOSE TEA RECIPES