Production Support APPLY NOW
The Farm support staff is responsible for assisting each department within the farm with a variety of jobs related to the production, fulfillment, preparation, creation and delivery of Piper & Leaf products. The production support staff report directly to the Production Manager or department manager they are working within.
Main Support Responsibilities:
- Complete all daily production and cleaning tasks
- Learn and adhere to required safety and sanitation measures
- Communicate effectively with the team
- Count and record inventory numbers quickly and accurately
Qualifications, Skills, & Characteristics:
This job involves working closely with fellow staff members as well as working independently. Employees with a good attitude, attention to detail, and a desire for self-improvement thrive in the up-beat environment of Piper and Leaf Tea Co. We are also looking for problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and an interest in learning more about food, beverages, people, and business.
This position requires availability in the morning, 3 to 5 days each week.
Hours & Compensation:
This is a part-time, entry level position. Production Support receive hourly pay above minimum wage but appropriate for entry level.
- Bending, stooping, walking, and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to safely relocate up to 50 lbs. possibly requiring pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying
- Frequent rotation & use of the wrist/s, spine, & upper extremities to perform duties
- Frequent receiving and sharing of detailed information that must be remembered & accurately processed and communicated
- Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities, in intensity or quality, of flavors/odors and need clarity of vision at near/far distances
- Lifting/transporting hot items, interacting with heated equipment, steam, hot wash water, loud noise, chemicals and other at risk conditions
- Food processing and duties with use of power-driven machines and/or sharp cutting tools
- Working with and around various herbs and fruits, dairy products, and tree nuts
- Occasional warehousing and storage environment/duties
- Occasional use of pallet jack
- Working with and around textiles, dyes and paints