Shop Manager APPLY NOW
The Shop Manager is responsible for joyfully providing & maintaining stellar customer service while creating meaningful connections with customers, vendors, and co-workers. The shop manager is responsible for every aspect of the customer and staff experience. The shop manager reports to the Market Stand Director. The mission of the Market Stand is to serve the joy to customers with stable, coordinated delivery of goods and services.The Shop Manager is a passionate and helpful liaison between the community and Piper and Leaf to support smooth, efficient business performance.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule staff according to anticipated volume. Track and analyze sales trends, local events and other outside factors that may affect customer traffic and sales.
- Maintain inventory of products, which requires regular documentation and communication with the Fulfillment Department.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Department on employee performance plans, promotion possibilities, staffing needs/plans, and conflict resolution and employee action plans.
- Involved in the hiring process and oversees training and performance reviews for staff
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for staff
- Train, observe and guide staff in Piper and Leaf’s standards of customer service skills.
- Discreetly, respectfully, and promptly handle employee issues and concerns according to policy
- Resolve any customer complaints that are “passed up” from staff and/or ask for help from a Market Stand Director
- Leads and attends regular huddles with staff
- Follow, demonstrate, encourage, and enforce the Piper and Leaf Code of Conduct.
- Provide hands-on help if needed by any of the service team, including facilitating the resolution of conflicts between or within teams
- Establishes and maintains good communication and a positive working relationship with Market Stand Director, owners, and staff
- Responsible for keeping all company resources clean, organized, maintained, and accounted for.
- Maintain and report monies and resources. This includes following company policies for money handling, securing monies, purchases, making scheduled and additional needed deposits, cash flow reports, inventory reports, baking reports, supplies, tools, and efficient allocation of monies and resources.
- Ensure business licenses are available and displayed as required.
- Create and maintain an accurate brewing and baking schedule. Oversee all shop brewing needs and company baking needs. Maintain quality and accuracy.
- Communicate with supervisory team about operational issues, observations, insights, and suggestions.
- Adjust environment, music and lighting, and temperature as needed to maintain the appropriate atmosphere and service levels
- Greet guests and deliver the Piper & Leaf experience to each
- Know regulars by name and track their preferences
- Pass all training & certification requirements required for all aspects of shop positions
- Can prepare all specialty beverages according to Piper & Leaf specifications
- Update Point of Sale systems as needed
Public Relations Liaison
- Cultivate and foster positive local connections with clients, potential clients, vendors, and businesses. This involves maintaining a professional image at all times through actions and appearance, handling customer and staff complaints while maintaining a positive attitude and smile, having a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events, and proactively engaging and cultivating relationships with the community at Piper and Leaf events and community events and gatherings.
- Assist and serve as a bridge in communication as the Piper and Leaf representative between the local community and Piper and Leaf departments. Directing customers to the proper department managers, contacting managers, and/or following up will assist in cultivating excellent customer relationships.
- Research and develop ways to improve company efficiency and productivity. This includes all areas of company systems and procedures, customer service, events, staffing, product, sales, and wholesale.
- Drive the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the staff team to meet objectives.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in efficiency and performance.
- Research leads and options for possible promotional events, sales growth, and cost reduction.
- Ability to independently execute responsibilities with minor supervision and direction
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to set priorities and work under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task and plan several events simultaneously.
- Effective and concise interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing are required.
- Knowledge and proficiency with the company resources is required.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and make timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Strong supervisory, team building, and leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor is essential.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts, meetings, and classes
- Responsible for training, coaching, and performance reviews for shop staff
- Maintains and obtains supplies not provided by the Farm or Piper Net
- Handles sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- 40 hours weekly
- Available to work during Shop business operational hours for effective communication and delivery of services.
- Has full availability that might include late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Available to attend and participate at meetings required for position
- Bending, stooping, walking, and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to safely relocate up to 60 lbs. possibly requiring pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying
- Going up/down stairs, ramps, ladders, and in/out of high vehicles multiples times
- Usage of register/POS and bar equipment
- Frequent rotation & use of the wrist/s, spine, & upper extremities to perform duties
- Frequent reaching, turning, & precision work around bar area & hot equipment
- Frequent receiving and sharing of detailed information that must be remembered & accurately processed through aural & written communication
- Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities, in intensity or quality, of flavors/odors and need clarity of vision at near/far distances
- Lifting/transporting hot items, interacting with heated equipment, steam, hot wash water, loud noise, chemicals and other at risk conditions
- Food processing and duties with use of power-driven machines and/or sharp cutting tools
- Working with and around various herbs and fruits, dairy products, and tree nuts
- Occasional warehousing and storage environment/duties
- Driving of company vehicles and use of pallet jack