I don't know about you, but "Pumpkin Spice Everything" is my favorite fall cliché. I am absolutely obsessed with the taste of pumpkin, cinnamon, and those other fragrant spices. To me, the scent is the smell of fall.
So obviously my favorite tea each autumn is Pumpkin Moonshine. It has all those delicious spices (cinnamon, clove, ginger...), plus black tea and pumpkins! And yet it's still light - not overpoweringly spiced like some fall drinks I've had. Pumpkin Moonshine is just perfect.
That's why today I am bringing you a recipe for a Pumpkin Moonshine Lat-tea! No, not a latte, which is just a coffee with steamed milk. A lat-tea is a beverage with coffee and tea - twice the flavor, extra-caffeinated, and super delicious. (This kind of drink can also be called a Kopi Cham, which you may have seen on the menu of our shops!) So to make this drink at home, you'll need to brew up some concentrated tea, prepare a cup of your favorite coffee, and get ready for Full Fall Flavor.
Still looking for a favorite coffee? Try mine! Caffeinated Ostrich coffee is roasted locally by Micah Thomas.
This recipe makes a 12oz hot drink
- 1.5 oz Pumpkin Moonshine concentrated tea
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz milk or cream (or use a non-dairy alternative!)
- 8 oz of hot, freshly-brewed coffee
- Optional - whipped cream and cinnamon
- Pour 8oz of freshly brewed coffee into a mug and stir in the Pumpkin Moonshine concentrated tea and the simple syrup. Make sure it's thoroughly mixed.
- Add the milk or cream. If you want a fluffier texture for your drink, you can foam milk using a frothing wand or hand mixer before you add it in!
- Stir gently to mix. Add a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top. Now your drink is ready for Instagram!
- Drink and enjoy the warmth of fall.