A refreshing beverage to keep you cool during the summer heat wave. Since Sweet Dixie is caffeine-free, this mocktail is a beverage the whole family can enjoy! Mix up a batch on a hot Saturday afternoon so you can stay relaxed and enjoy the sun.
This recipe makes one 16oz drink, so use your pint jar if you’re in the P&L spirit! Follow along with this video or keep scrolling to read the recipe down below.
Dixie Colada Mocktail Recipe:
- Add 8 ounces of ice to your cup (or jar)
- Add 2 ounces of Sweet Dixie concentrated tea (if you don’t know how to make concentrate, check out our brewing 101 here!*)
- Add 2 ounces of coconut milk
- Add 4 ounces of sparkling water
- If you like your drinks sweet, instead we recommend mixing 1 ounce of simple syrup with 3 ounces of sparkling water. Or you can try using 4 ounces of any clear-colored soda for sweetness + an extra flavor boost.
- Stir until it’s all mixed together! Just don’t stir too much or you’ll lose some of that carbonated kick
- Garnish as you please! We like this one with a pineapple slice, whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry on top.
*To make a smaller batch of concentrated tea, you can steep two teaspoons of loose leaf in 5 ounces of hot water (follow the correct time and temperature for the blend). This method works okay in a pinch, but it's not as consistent as brewing concentrate in larger batches. This should make between 4 and 5 ounces of concentrate once the loose leaf has been strained out.