This recipe makes a 12 hot drink and is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter’s evening. Sweetie Pie Chai is caffeine-free, so you’ll feel refreshed but still not too awake to tuck in under a pile of blankets (which is my favorite winter activity).
No matter your preferred tea brewing method, you can make this latte recipe! Here’s how much Sweetie Pie Chai to use for each brewing method:
- Tea Bags/Sachets = 1 sachet
- Loose Leaf = 1.5 teaspoons (in a tea ball)
- Concentrated Tea = 1.5 ounces
- Put your Sweetie Pie Chai into the bottom of your mug!
- Add 1 cup of freshly boiled water
- Start your timer (if brewing by sachet or loose leaf) - Sweetie Pie Chai steeps for 7 minutes
- While your spiced tisane is in the last few minutes of steeping, you can foam the milk!
- Once your Sweetie Pie is done steeping, remove the sachet/tea ball and sweeten! We recommend 3 teaspoons of honey to make your latte extra rich
- Spoon the foam on top of the tea, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy!
If you have your own frother machine at home - awesome! You know what to do. For the rest of us, no worries! It’s pretty easy to foam milk at home. All you need is a mason jar with a solid lid (or just cover the straw hole with your finger)
Foaming Milk at Home with a Mason Jar:
- Pour 4 ounces of milk into the bottom of a mason jar and seal it with a lid
- Shake the jar vigorously for about 30 seconds until the milk starts to foam up nicely
- Take the lid off and microwave the open jar for 30 seconds
- Your foamed milk should be ready now! When you're ready, you can pour it onto the latte or use a spoon and scoop it into place for a picture-perfect drink
Be sure to wait until the last 2-3 minutes of steeping to prepare your milk or the foam might start to lose some of its shape before the tea is ready!