These delicious little "Apple Tea" donuts are a wonderful introduction to baking with tea. Grab your brew kit and a bag of Caramel Apple Pie, brew up a batch of concentrated tea, and get started on these donuts! Enjoy your tea donuts while they're hot and fresh. Best served with a bit of our seasonal Apple Butter and a hot mug* of tea!
*psst. The mug shown in the main photo is one of our handmade pottery mugs! Available in two amazing colors.
Want to mix it up a little? Try swapping out a couple ingredients. These tea donuts are good with anything, not just Caramel Apple Pie! Try it with our other fall seasonal, Pumpkin Moonshine, or even one of the fruiter blends! Recipes are made to be personalized.
For Donut Batter:
- 1 ¾ Cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ⅓ Cup concentrated Caramel Apple Pie tea
- ⅓ Cup water
- ⅔ Cup apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
Powdered Donut Topping:
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Recipe for Tea Donuts
- Pour the avocado oil into a small pot over medium-high heat. If your pot is too wide, you may need to use more than a tablespoon of oil to ensure it will be deep enough!
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs. Then stir in the coconut sugar, Caramel Apple Pie concentrate, and apple sauce
- Add the dry ingredient mix to this bowl and mix until the batter is just combined
- Once the oil is hot, use a tablespoon to scoop a few globs of the batter into the pot
- Let the donut balls fry in the oil until golden brown (usually about 2.5 minutes), then flip the donuts over and repeat for the other side
7. Scoop the finished donuts onto a cooling rack and let them sit for about 3 minutes. Then coat them in the donut topping (the powdered sugar and cinnamon whisked together)
8. Repeat steps 5-7 as needed until all donuts are prepared!