Celebrate a Delicious Holiday
February 19th is National Chocolate Mint Day! A day to enjoy this classic (and highly popular) combination of flavors. What better way to celebrate a delicious day than with tea?
So today I'm sharing our Chocolate Piper Mint Steamer recipe! This recipe makes a rich, dessert-like drink using our Chocola-Tea and Piper Mint Blues. This is the perfect drink for all you chocolate-mint lovers to try out at home!
Chocolate Piper Mint Steamer
Using loose leaf tea!
- Gently simmer 10oz of milk in a small pot over medium heat
- Once the milk is simmering, add 1 tsp of Piper Mint Blues loose leaf
- Stir the leaves thoroughly and start a timer for 4 minutes. Stir occasionally as it steeps (Be sure to admire the beautiful blue color of the brew!)
- When the timer goes off, add 1 tsp of Chocola-Tea loose leaf
- Stir thoroughly again and start a timer for 3 minutes. Give the mix another few stirs as it steeps (The color of your drink will change again as the Chocola-Tea brews to become a murky brown. I promise it will taste much better than it looks)
6. When the timer goes off, remove the pot from the heat! Pour the mixture through a fine strainer (the muslin bag will do fine in a pinch!) into a mug
7. If desired, add a little sweetener!
To make your drink extra-special, add a swirl of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup! If you want to take some great pics for your Insta, garnish with a spearmint leaf. Now your drink is looking fancy!
- Make sure you have some Concentrated Tea for both Piper Mint Blues and Chocola-Tea. (If you're having a lot of friends & family over, this recipe is easy to scale up and sure to impress them!)
- Gently simmer 8oz of milk in a small pot on medium heat
- Once it's simmering, stir in 1oz of Piper Mint Blues concentrate
- Allow the milk to reach a simmer again, then stir in 1oz of Chocola-Tea concentrate
5. Stir gently as the mixture heats back up to a simmer. Once it's hot, you can pour it into a mug!
6. Add sweetener, if desired (1/2 oz of simple syrup is a good starting amount) and enjoy!
To make your drink extra-special (or really wow your guests), add a swirl of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup! Garnish with a spearmint leaf it'll look like you're a drink-mixing professional